Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ani Phyo 15 Day Fat Blast Review: Day 9

Day 9


Due to limitations set by the publishing company, I am not able to post the recipes from the book. If you are unable to support Ani in purchasing her book, please utilize your public library!

Today was a busy day. I have a tendency to try to accomplish too much in one day and that is what ended up happening. I got everything done but at the cost of my temper. By the end of the day I was weary, grouchy, and not wanting to spend any more time in the kitchen.



Breakfast

Pineapple Cilantro Shake
4 of 5 stars-- my personal rating


*I just brewed the tea normally an d I added stevia.

I found this shake to be very light and crisp. When making in the future I will add a half cup more pineapple to fill out the flavor a bit more and reduce the cilantro a bit. This time I added wheatgrass and maca powder as I went for a 32 mile round trip bike ride to the library and back.



Lunch

Cabbage Salad with Cucumber Miso Dressing
5 of 5 stars-- my personal rating


* For the dressing I only used 1 tbsp of miso.

This salad is great! I think that the miso level was just right (1 tbsp instead of 2). It has a very asian feel to it from the miso and toasted sesame oil mix. I finished this in the car while going to visit a dear friend and running errands.



Morning Snack Turned Evening Snack

Cucumber Guacamole
5 of 5 stars-- my personal rating


* I added a bit more garlic and kept my cucumber separate to use as chips.

This is a great snack dish but not hugely filling.

When I got home this evening I made the Guacamole but wasn't filled enough so I proceeded to make dinner only to find that for every recipe in the dinner column remaining, I was missing at least one ingredient! I did find that I could make the Tomato Bisque but I was so fed up and tired and all I wanted was something to eat, that I made a tried and true shake that I new wasn't going to turn out to be some mediocre meal that I would have to eat. 



Dinner

Blue Moon 2.0 Shake-- modified
5 of 5 stars-- my personal rating
Original created by Penni Shelton

1 C blueberries, frozen or fresh
1 banana
3/4 C orange juice
3/4 C almond milk
1 tbsp flax meal
1 tsp minced fresh ginger
1/4 tsp cinnamon
stevia to taste
4 ice cubes

Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.


I am going to the store in the morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment