Saturday, September 15, 2012

Ani Phyo 15 Day Fat Blast Review: Day 11

Day 11

Due to limitations set by the publishing company, I am not able to post the recipes from the book. If you are unable to support Ani in purchasing her book, please utilize your public library!

It's hard to believe that this is the last 5 days, by Tuesday this will be over! I am so thankful for doing this because now I have a better understanding of how to balance meals to keep the weight off- besides not eating processed carbs! LOL!


Breakfast

Green Grapefruit Smoothie
3 of 5-- my personal rating

*I used 1 tbsp each of spirulina and wheatgrass and 2 tbsp cilantro. I also added stevia.

I rated this smoothie a 3 because with the super power powders it is VERY earthy. It's basically like eating grass. Now I know the other day I was singing wheatgrass's praises but it has to fit the flavors of the shake. Now, if the powders were not included or reduced a bit the shake's flavors would be balanced better.  As it is, if you use everything,  the grapefruit and lime are secondary flavors and the cilantro just adds to the earthy flavor. 




Morning Snack

Mint and Basil Tropical Fruit Salad
5 of 5 stars-- my personal rating



*I used 1/2 tsp maca and instead of fresh basil I used dried. My basil plant is pathetic this year- it didn't overwinter very well.





I was almost finished with this salad before I realized that I forgot to add my banana! I kept it separate so it wouldn't get gross in the container since I made it yesterday. 





Lunch

Shredded Sesame Salad with Orange Ginger Vinaigrette
5 of 5 stars-- my personal rating


While very good, I think there is a little too much seaweed but perhaps that is because I have too little bowl!! I can't mix without spilling! LOL! The dressing for this is really awesome!




Afternoon Snack

Curried Cilantro Cucumber Soup
4 of 5 stars-- my personal rating

*I didn't see the part where it says to peel the cucumber-- oops!

I found this soup to be quite hot. I think if I were to make it again I would reduce the cayenne a bit and add in mango. I ate this in the car while running errands before work-- forgot to take a picture sorry! It was curry colored!



Dinner

Celery Almond Pate
5 of 5 stars-- my personal rating



*I used dill and paprika. I also used half of the miso recommended, but it needed a little salt.

Since I made this yesterday it had a chance to allow the flavors to blend a bit more than if I had eaten it directly. IT WAS AWESOME! I am sorry this post is getting published so late- but I had to work last night and I got home a few minutes ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment