Saturday, September 15, 2012

Ani Phyo 15 Day Fat Blast Review: Day 12

Day 12

Due to limitations set by the publishing company, I am not able to post the recipes from the book. If you are unable to support Ani in purchasing her book, please utilize your public library!

I had breakfast and my morning snack(around 10a and noon respectively) before I went on a 40 mile bike ride that ended up being 48 miles as I got turned around at one point. I took the afternoon snack with me, saving lunch for later. 


Breakfast

Orange Vanilla Shake
3 of 5 stars-- my personal rating


*I used 1/2 tsp of each wheat grass and spirulina- next time I will only do 3/4 tsp of each as it overpowered the orange. I also added stevia.

I think that if this shake were made without the spirulina or wheatgrass that it would actually be quite good. As it is however, if you include one or both, keep it minimal as either will easily overtake the flavor of the orange. I would also suggest using orange juice instead of water if you can- ei- if you have matcha powder.



Morning Snack

Peach Crumble
5 of 5 stars-- my personal rating


*As you can see in the picture I didn't read far enough ahead in the recipe, so I just put the crumble on top and mixed it a bit.  I only used one peach- it was a good size. Use your own judgement on how much peach to use.

This is an awesome recipe and a great one to use for company who eat traditionally. If you have a dehydrator it would be even better warmed for a bit and then topped with some raw ice cream! Oh, yum... ice cream....



Lunch that became Dinner

Italian Salad
5 of 5 stars-- my personal rating


* I used the capers and skipped the nutritional yeast. I also used dried oregano- 1 tsp.

This is an excellent salad. It would be awesome with some chips for scooping! But plain is just as good! I am an olive fiend. I added many more olives after I took the picture and ate a bit. Oh, I tried to get fresh but the Krogers near my house doesn't have an antipasto bar so I used canned. 




Afternoon Snack that became Lunch

Curried Zucchini Cucumber Soup
4 of 5 stars-- my personal rating


*I love garlic almost as much as I love olives so I doubled the amount of garlic, added a pinch of cayenne, and doubled the curry powder- I like curry and it needed a boost. I only used 1/2 tbsp of miso.

When I first tasted this soup, it wasn't that great but after riding my bike for 3 hours it was really good. I don't know if it's because I was hungry, or if it just had time to meld flavors. I think it's the latter. It really wasn't bad!




Dinner- pre- dinner really

Marinated Mushrooms in Lettuce Wraps
5 of 5 stars-- my personal rating



*I accidently used zucchini in place of the cucumber.



White miso is SO MUCH BETTER than red miso. If I had known how much the difference was going to be- I don't know I would have done some thing dramatic. Let me know what I would have done- I'm too tired to figure it out. Anyhow, I was irked that I had to get the white miso for only this recipe but I did and I am so glad that I did because- now I know.

I had read somewhere previously that the darker the color of the miso the more intense the flavor. Boy were they right. I will be using white miso from now on. 

Try all the recipes that I hated because of the miso-- like the miso soup from yesterday-- with WHITE miso. Let me know how they turn out will ya?! I would love to know!

After I had this, I was still hungry so I made the salad that was supposed to be my lunch and after that I was full. And sleepy.

Overall a good day :) 

1 comment: