Friday, September 7, 2012

Ani Phyo 15 Day Fat Blast Review: Day 3

Day 3

Due to limitations set by the publishing company, I am not able to post the recipes from the book. If you are unable to support Ani in purchasing her book, please utilize your public library!

Okay, so last night, about midnight, I was SO hungry. So I improvised one of my regular shakes to fit the phase one diet-- skipping the banana :(
Cranberry Midnight Shake

1 C Frozen Cranberries
1 C Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 tsp Spirulina powder
2 tbsp cocoa powder
Stevia to taste
1/2 C water for blending
6 ice cubes (one cup?)
Thermo: Dash of cinnamon (yeah I didn't measure)

Place all ingredients in blender and mix until all ice cubes are dissolved. It's kind of thick so it won't really be smooth. Add more water or almond milk if you desire a thinner consistency.


Breakfast

"Pineapple has a powerful proteolytic enzyme called bromelain that digests proteins, and it's used as a debriding agent to slough dead tissue from burns and wounds. It's also known to decrease inflamation, which is why it's a main ingredient during days 1, 2, and 3." [quoted from book. I'm not that smart, I only knew the bit about inflammation :)]

Pina Colada
5 of 5 stars-- my personal rating

* Place the pineapple first to ensure that the almonds or powders don't get left behind at the bottom. I also waited to add the coconut oil when it was blending for the same reason. I also added 4 ice cubes and that worked out well. I also added stevia to taste.

I rated the Pina Colada a 5 of 5 because it is delightfully light and sweet and I would happily make it again. In fact I may make it for a snack later today...

Over the past couple days I have noticed that my skin is breaking out increasingly as I detoxify. Unfortunately I have yet to do any significant exercise as I normally would as life has gotten in the way. I hope to remedy that today to increase my results. Ani says that exercise isn't necessary for the plan to work however, she does suggest strength training and light exercise. However, be prepared to be hungry sooner as exercising increases metabolism- especially on  a raw diet! I personally have to work out to stay motivated and active. When I don't I feel sluggish overall. Thankfully the past couple days have kept me fairly busy with house work and errands. 

Rocket Fuel #1

Over the next couple days I am going to go over the rocket fuels that Ani uses as the core basis for this program.

Probiotics:
Our guts are filled with good and bad bacteria and keeping them in balance is key to our health- and our weight. About "70 percent of our immune system is localized, or established, in our intestinal tract".  So keeping a strong digestive tract helps us stay healthy as well as break down and direct nutrients properly, ensuring that we get the most out of the food we consume and maintain a healthy metabolism.

"A healthy gut also means waste is eliminated properly, rather than being stored in our belly and colon. Many of us hold onto 5 to 25 pounds of fecal matter in our bellies, depending on our diet and weight. Nasty!"

What are good sources of probiotics:
fermented foods-- miso, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce
fermented foods-- kombucha and kefir
pickled vegetables-- pickles, sauerkraut, kimchee, and capers


Snack 



Pear Power Shake
5 of 5 stars-- my personal rating

*I used a bit more ice and spirulina powder. I also added stevia to taste and it was great! I will definately make this shake again.

Okay, so have you ever had one of those days where things take longer than you think they will and then you forget something important- like allowing enough time to make your meals for the next day? Yeah, that's what I did!

I picked up my bike from the repair shop after having gone to the BMV and biked home. So the good news is that I got my exercise in! Bad news? Rushing to make my meals and my meals taking much longer to make than normal because I realised that those few ingredients that I was going to get later, well, I needed those today. So I am making a list and running around like a chicken with it's head cut off because I have to leave for work in 15 minutes. Oh, did I mention that I needed to shower to? LOL!! Anyway, with my loving husbands helping hands I got it all done, with some adjustments to the menu for tomorrow. I did manage to finish off today's menu though with some good results.


Lunch



 Spicy Avocado Soup
3.5 of 5 stars-- my personal rating 

*I used 1.5 tsp miso instead of 1 tbsp and I waited to add the coconut oil till it was blending. I added one packet of stevia and that helped balance it out.

Overall this soup was good. Much better that the previous soups. Because of the lime juice it reminded me of a raw key lime pie I made last year. But it's not as good as the pie!


Dinner



Curry Coconut Soup
4 of 5 stars-- my personal rating

*I used 1/2 tsp curry and I increased the garlic to 1/2 tsp. I like garlic :)

This soup is the best so far, scouring a whopping 4 of 5 stars. I would like to take a moment to emphasize that these scours are my opinion. Some people may hate curry, and that is okay. Find one of the soups that you like! I am glad that I am somewhat forced to trying different recipes, now I know a bit better of what I like, and what I don't!! This soup does have a bit of a bite to it, if I were to make it again, I think I would try less cilantro.

Due to my work schedule this post and tomorrow's (day 4) will be posted the following morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment