Monday, September 10, 2012

Ani Phyo 15 Day Fat Blast Review: Day 7

Day 7

Due to limitations set by the publishing company, I am not able to post the recipes from the book. If you are unable to support Ani in purchasing her book, please utilize your public library!

Today is my last day on Phase 2, tomorrow will begin Phase 3 and be the half way point on the plan. Phase 3 which incorporates more thermogenic ingredients many of which I have already been using. I have lost a good bit of weight so far and am pleased by the results. I plan on going to the gym tomorrow, so I will weigh myself and see just how much I have lost. (I don't own a scale as I find it to be too pressuring. My clothes not fitting is all the pressure I need!)

I get to sleep in tomorrow, I am so excited! Sleep, oh how I have missed thee!
It was such a beautiful day today, I wish I hadn't been so sleepy or I would have rode my bike to the library. Hmm... maybe I should do that tomorrow instead of they gym! Haha, I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings :)


Breakfast

Matcha Shake
5 of 5 stars-- my personal rating


*I used both the spirulina and the maca powder. I added stevia. Without stevia this recipe would be at two stars.

I had a bunch of errands to run today and ended up drinking two of these before I came home and had lunch  around 4pm. 



Morning Snack


Pecan Candy Apple 
5 of 5 stars-- my personal rating

*Due to tart apples I added a little agave.

I ended up having this for desert after my icky soup instead of mid-morning. I would have had it in the morning but I ran out of vanilla- of coarse! :) I used apples from my family's orchard so they were a bit tart. To counteract said tartness agave was employed. Overall this dish is very satisfying! So satisfying that I ate it before I remembered that I needed to take a picture! Sorry!


Lunch

Corn and Basil Mesclun Salad
5 of 5 stars-- my personal rating


This salad was delicious! Fresh and bright. I used the Apple Cider Vinaigrette dressing.





Rocket Fuel #4

Thermogenic foods: Fat burning foods- Hurray! These foods actually increase the number of calories you use with no extra effort required on your part.
"Eat the right foods, and they will actually speed up your metabolism."
Catechins are a flavanol, specifically of the group called EGCG (epigallocatchin gallate). Foods containing catechins help burn abdominal fat.

Thermogenic Foods:
Black Pepper
Caffine*
Calcium rich foods: blackstrap molasses, collard, mustard, and turnip greens, sesame seeds,   and spinach
Cayenne
Grapefruit
Ginger
Green Tea**
Ice Water
Lean protein: buckwheat groats, brown rice protein powder, and seeds
Turmeric
Vitamin D rich mushrooms, including shiitake mushrooms

*"Researchers found that a higher calcium and vitamin D intake at the morning meal significantly increased diet-induced thermogenesis over hte span of the next two meals, as well.

**Apples, blackberries,strawberries, nuts, avocados, plums, onions nad rasberries all have EGCGs, too, but in very small amounts. It's unknown whether the trace amounts of catechins in these foods have a true thermogenic effect, but as I said earlier, it can't hurt to eat these great foods for their other health benefits alone." (pg. 44 of Ani's Fat Blast.)


Afternoon Snack

Smooth Operator
2 of 5 stars-- my personal rating


*I used 1 tsp of garlic and 1 tsp of miso.

Designed after V8 juice, I was hoping that it would be similar in color and flavor. Sadly this shake was rather bland except for the ginger which helped.




Dinner

Souper Supper
3 of 5 stars-- my personal rating


*I actually used both tbsp of miso- it seemed like a lot but I went with it. I also used the 1/2 jalapeno pepper and a pinch of black pepper.

Is it just me, or are most of the Fat Blast soups lousy? I have had some really good raw soups before- one of which she made- her Corn chowder is excellent-- but only one of these hit the par to where I would ever want to make them again! That is the  Coconut Tomato Soup. To each their own I guess!

This soup uses too much miso in my opinion and greatly reminds me of the Bok Choy soup. If the miso was reduced, and the cucumber and dill increased I think it would be rather good. Maybe nix the miso all together and just put in a couple tsps of apple cider vinegar. If anyone dares to try this please let me know how it comes out. I don't know that I dare because then I would have to rant about myself! LOL! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment