Monday, September 17, 2012

Ani Phyo 15 Day Fat Blast Review: Day 14

Day 14

Due to limitations set by the publishing company, I am not able to post the recipes from the book. If you are unable to support Ani in purchasing her book, please utilize your public library! 


I got off work, and ran errands- of coarse! I picked up a raw food bar, water, and kombucha tea. I have been wanting to try kombucha, as I found a source for a mother so I can make my own, but I wanted to try it first to make sure that I like it. I do :) I got home a bit later than I had hoped to and went straight to making breakfast.


Breakfast

Beauty Berry Shake
5 of 5 stars-- my personal rating


* I used half strawberries and half blueberries, the blueberries were frozen.  I also didn't have a full 1/4 C of pumpkin seeds so I substituted the remainder for sunflower seeds.

This was an excellent shake, very pretty color. Be sure to add the coconut oil while it is blending or it will sink to the bottom of the blender and harden because of the ice and frozen fruit. It still tastes great- I dug it out and ate it :) Yum!



Lunch

Cumin Slaw with Miso Vinaigrette
5 of 5 stars-- my personal rating





I made the dressing with both white and red miso to see which was better- they were both good but I preferred the white miso with this recipe. If you desire something with a bit more pizzazz I would go with the red.




Morning Snack becomes Lunch Dessert

Trail Mix Cookies
Makes 1 serving-- about 4 cookies

5 of 5 stars-- my personal rating


Awesome!!! Sorry I was so into eating them, I forgot to take a picture!!




Afternoon Snack

Kreamy Tomato Gazpacho
5 of 5 stars-- my personal rating


*I replaced the almonds and water with almond milk- I was out of almonds :)
I also used the jalapeno.

Using the almond milk instead worked out very well. The soup was very creamy and delicious. When I make it again I am going to add an additional 1/2 C tomato, as it wasn't quite tomato-y enough for me :)   Yeah, I took it on the go- actually not bad as a shake!




Dinner

Mushroom Rolls with Root Rice
5 of 5 stars-- my personal rating




These turned out to be pretty good. I haven't had raw rice until tonight. It was okay. I think for now, it is best when it is served in combination with something. 

The collard leaf was a bit wide for the nori so I ended up turning the leaf over the sides of the veggies before rolling (like a tortilla where you fold in the sides) and I used the left over mushroom marinade for dipping sauce. Yum!

Well, tomorrow is supposed to be the last day, however, I have missed about 6 different recipes over the past 2 weeks and so I will be continuing a couple days so that my ratings and opinions may be evaluated. I really appreciate everyone's thoughts, suggestions, and support over the past two weeks, they have boosted my spirits and kept me going.
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment