Saturday, September 8, 2012

Ani Phyo 15 Day Fat Blast Review: Day 4

Day 4

Due to limitations set by the publishing company, I am not able to post the recipes from the book.
If you are unable to support Ani in purchasing her book, please utilize your public library!


Begin Phase 2!



Solid food ahoy!! Phase 2 incorporates additional fermented foods like sauerkraut, nutritional yeast, miso, apple cider vinegar, and capers.


As I mentioned yesterday I had to change the menu for today. Originally I was supposed to have the following:
B: Ginger Mango Shake
S: Grapefruit Salad
L: Easy Being Green Salad
S: Strawberry Mint Shake
D: Red Pepper Soup

So despite the permissal of solid food, I am still doing a liquid diet today. I am substituting in Day 5's breakfast- Banana Shake, skipping the salad snack- I didn't have time to make it, same with the Easy Being Green Salad, I am having the Strawberry Mint Shake instead, and I am subbing in Day 7's Coconut Tomato Soup- which has me a little worried. Overall I may end up eating a couple raw food bars today- we'll see!

More good news! I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 3 lbs!! I am feeling slimmer and I still have 12 days to go! (including today) I really think that I will be able to fit into my jeans by the time this is over! Yay!

Breakfast

Banana Shake
5 of 5 stars-- my personal rating

*I was in a hurry and forgot the tea that I had my husband make for me on the counter and used water. Being out of matcha I used spirulina. It tastes great! Don't worry, I had a cup of green tea with my shake :)  
Btw-- it's better fresh! (yeah, I sneaked a sip yesterday after I made it ;)

Lunch

Strawberry Mint Shake
4 of 5 stars-- my personal rating

*I used fresh strawberries and frozen kale from my garden and only a pinch of cayenne.

Yes, I was still at Starbucks when I had lunch. I managed to finish my article on exotic fruit though! It's a book review called The Fruit Hunters- Check it out! Anyway, about the shake, it's good, I like the mint and kale in it. I only added a pinch of cayenne but boy did it wake me up! I think to fill it out a bit more, I would double the strawberries and reduce the water. I used fresh this time since I was in a rush yesterday to make it.


Rocket Fuel #2


Prebiots: "Prebiotics are substances in foods, often fibers or shugars, which promote the growth of good bacteria in our bodies. They also improve the bioavailability of the nutrients in your foods. This bacteria is thoght to create more SCFA (short chain fatty acids) which have been linked to positive health benefits for those suffering from Chron's disease and high blood pressure, and possibly even preventing early stage colon cancer."

Prebiotics most commonly in foods that have soluble fiber. "Oligofructose and inulin are two types of frutoolifosaccarides (FOS) that have been well studied for their prebiotic effects."

Prebiotic Foods:
Asparagus
Bananas
Berries
Burdock
Chicory Root
Flaxseed
Garlic, onion, leeks
Greens: spinach, collards, chard, kale, mustard, dandelion
Honey
Jerusalen Artichokes
Jicama
Tomatoes

Fun Fact: Jerusalem artichokes are different that regular artichokes. They are root vegatables that come from a aspecies of sunflower native to eastern North America.
(I didn't know this either- it's in the book!)

Dinner

Coconut Tomato Soup
blank of 5 stars-- my personal rating

*I used 1.5 tsp miso and 1/2 tsp garlic



I realised today that in my rush making this soup yesterday, I only blended one cup of tomatoes, so to remedy this mishap, not having access to a blender at work, I diced and added a second tomato. The overall flavor of this soup was excellent and I imagine that it would be even better if I had blended the the 2 C of tomatoes properly.

Overall a good day of raw eats and having walked to the store this afternoon, I am back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment