Sunday, September 30, 2012

Raw "South of the Boarder" Corn Chowder

I personally adapted this recipe from Ani Phyo's Sweet Corn Chowder one day when I wanted something with a bit more kick to it. This is kind of like having a veggie taco salad in a bowl!

Makes 1 Serving

Chowder Base
3/4 C organic corn kernels, divided (I use organic frozen, but organic fresh is good too)
1/4 C walnuts
1/4 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 to 1/2 tsp minced garlic, to taste
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp chipotle pepper
1/2 C almond milk



Using HALF of the corn, set the other half aside, blend above ingredients in blender until smooth.


Toppings -all are optional, use what you want! I like to toss whatever sounds good that I have in the fridge!)

remaining corn kernels

1/4 C kelp noodles
1 tsp cilantro
1 tbsp green onion
1 tbsp red bell pepper
2 shitake mushrooms* 

Serve with your desired toppings and enjoy!

*If you have more mushrooms that you need to use quickly, add some to the soup base! Any kind of mushroom is acceptable. I use shitake or portobello because the shitake blends easily and the portobello has a meaty taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment