Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Ani Phyo 15 Day Fat Blast Review: Day 8

Day 8

Due to limitations set by the publishing company, I am not able to post the recipes from the book.
If you are unable to support Ani in purchasing her book, please utilize your public library!

Hurrah!! I've made it halfway and I have lost 3 more pounds!! I am now down to 129!
(I started at 135)


So I made the mistake of staying up way too late last night (3a) after I took a three hour nap yesterday afternoon because I was so sleepy. It took me a bit to get going but I just have to rave over how awesome wheatgrass is.

It. Is. ahMAZING!!

This is the first time I have had it in a smoothie and I before trying wheatgrass I thought spirulina was good but wheatgrass blows it out of the water it grew in. After drinking this smoothie I felt so energized and awake, I felt like I could take on anything with a smile!
Wheatgrass = best food friend 




Breakfast

Vanilla Blueberry Smoothie
5 of 5 stars-- my personal rating

*I added 1 tbsp each of wheatgrass and spirulina powder and used the hemp and flaxmeal for the protein.

This smoothie tastes very healthy. Thank goodness for stevia! The powders and flaxmeal I used give it a powdery texture, not gritty, just powdery. But I'll take it for all the health benefits of the spirulina, wheatgrass, and hemp! In the future I think I would add a banana, to give it a little more body and counteract powderiness as you can't really taste the blueberries, why not!



Morning Snack

Red, White, and Blue Salad
5 of 5 stars-- my personal rating



* I used 1/2 tsp maca powder and I didn't use cacao nibs or bee pollen. 

I was preparing to do this diet I needed to stay conservative in my spending, so I eliminated getting the cacao nibs and bee pollen as they are only used in a couple recipes. The salad was great without them and I bet it is even better with them.




Evening Snack

Kreamy Cucumber Soup
4 of 5 stars-- my personal rating



*  I used spinach instead of romaine, used 1.5 tsp of miso, I did add the whole 1/8 tsp of chipotle, and I added 1 tbsp of capers. 

After I blended this soup and tasted it, I found it to be missing that last thing that would really make it. I tried the capers and those helped but it still is only a four star soup in my opinion.

So I bet your wondering, "What happened to lunch?" Yeah, me too. It worked out that since I got up late (10am) after staying up late and then going to the gym(12pm) that by the time I got home I had my morning snack (3pm) and then proceded to try to make lunch but not able to as it requires that the cashews soak about 6 hours. LOL! So, I made the evening snack of Kreamy Cucumber Soup instead (5pm) and I had the Kreamy Chipotle Salad for dinner. "What about the dinner on the menu?" you ask, well, that is going to be used for my lunch meal on day 15. (Day 15 I get to pick whatever I want to eat from everything I have already made- or neglected to make!) 



Lunch (or in this case dinner)

Kreamy Chipotle Salad
5 of 5 stars-- my personal rating

*I used 1 1/2 tsp of miso

This salad is great! I really like the dressing. It's a little hot but not overwhelming. A good balance.

For a small post dinner snack I made a half portion of Blue Moon 2.0 with spirulina- Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment