Friday, April 5, 2013

More Pulp-y-licous Recipes!

As I mentioned before I have adopted a juicer to my kitchen appliance family, and it has been a blast to use! My only personal "thing" about it is that I don't want to waste the pulp!! So I have been doing my best to make use of it in creative ways.

About 2 weeks ago (sorry, I know I should have posted it sooner!!!) I created some

Raw Carrot Bread: carrot pulp, red onion, and flax meal.

Mix 1-2 C carrot pulp with diced red onion and about 1 C flax meal. You know you have enough flax meal when it sticks together when thoroughly mixed.  Sandwich the batter between two pieces of parchment paper and roll out with a rolling pin till it is about 1/8" thin. Place in oven on lowest setting and leave door ajar to allow the air to circulate. It will dehydrate in about 4-6 hours. It should be dry to the touch but not real crispy- unless you want a more cracker like texture.




I also used carrot pulp to make a spicy BBQ-esque meatless replacement.


Raw Vegan Spicy Carrot Pulp BBQ

2-3 Cups Carrot Pulp 
1 TB minced garlic
3 TB onion
1 C tomato
1 TB nama shoya
2 TB Chili powder
1 tsp chipotle powder
tobasco- to taste  *optional for extra kick!
liquid smoke- to taste  *optional

Mix ingredients together and taste. It has more of an after burn than an immediate kick. If it is too spicy- you may want to add half the spices at once, taste then add the rest or more, till it is how you want it. If it comes out too spicy, add more carrot pulp. It keeps quite well. I have been eating off it for a week and a half! I used left over raw sunflower cheese from the raw pizza on top of the stuffed bell pepper- Yummy!!



You may notice a different background on the sushi picture-- it's on a real counter top!!  My father-in-law and my sweet hubby are putting in a real counter top and a dishwasher for my kitchen!!! We renovated the family barn and turned it into a home for us and well- we couldn't afford a counter so we had a plywood counter top. Dad found an awesome used counter that fits perfectly and now I have a real counter top!! Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment