Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ani Phyo 15 Day Fat Blast Review: Day 2

Day 2

Due to limitations set by the publishing company, I am not able to post the recipes from the book. If you are unable to support Ani in purchasing her book, please utilize your public library!

Today has been a better day overall, despite it's raining like cats and dogs. The first meal of the day was the Simple Strawberry Shake.

Breakfast

Simple Strawberry Shake
4 of 5 stars-- my personal rating

*Note: I waited and added the coconut oil while it was blending to prevent it from sinking to the bottom. What would make it 5 stars would be more strawberries to fill out the flavor a bit more and thicken it a bit. I also used a bit more ice.

Lunch

Ginger Soup
2.5 of 5 stars-- my personal rating

*I used 1/2 tsp curry and 1/2 tsp ginger. I also added a little stevia, which balanced it out a little bit.

Based on my dinner experience yesterday, I was very concerned about this recipe as it is almost exactly the same. I used the curry instead of the turmeric and that worked out well. I am thinking that in large doses turmeric and I don't agree when it comes to taste. Yesterday was also the first time that I had ever used miso and so I slowly added that in one tsp at a time, testing the flavor. I personally think that it would have been better with only 2 tsp miso instead of 1 tbsp. Overall the flavor was okay but not great.

Snack

Apple Green Mar-tea-ni
4 of 5 stars-- my personal rating


*I followed the directions but didn't add any additional water and discovered that you will need it as the shake settles over time and as you drink not all of the greens will have enough water. You basically end up sucking a salad up your straw! So, add the extra water! (see pic)

While I enjoyed the Apple Green Mar-tea-ni, I think the one change that would make it 5 stars would be to use apple juice instead of water.


Dinner

Marvelous Minestrone
3  of 5 stars-- my personal rating

* I did not use the oil as it is the only recipe in the 15 days that uses it. I had to purchase several items and needed to cut costs in a couple recipes.


Dinner turned out to be much hotter than I thought it would be- go figure right! Who says lets add 1/8 to 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper and thinks it's not going to be hot? Me, apparently.

I also only used 2 tsp of the miso and that worked out well. Compared to Lunch, the Minestrone is better but still not fantastic- as in something I would make on a regular basis, therefore I have given it a 3 stars.


Over the course of the day I have noticed that I have been urinating more than usual and I am sure that it is part of the detoxing process. I have been craving chew-able food like grapes and a banana. Crackers also sound really good. I am glad that the three days of liquid food is almost over. My stomach has been a bit unsettled due to the heat- normally the hottest I go is a mild curry! Looking over the menus, things cool down a bit (less cayenne-yay!) in phases 2 and 3.


No comments:

Post a Comment