Sunday, April 28, 2013

Raw Ice Cream Cake Experiment Pt.2




Overall Success!

Unfortunately the cake was set on a warm oven for a couple minutes- DO NOT allow this to happen, it will soften enough just sitting out. As a result the bottom layer was much too melty. Fortunately, it tasted Great!





I ended up putting it back into it's springform shell so that it wouldn't smush everywhere when cutting it. I recommend doing this if you are worried about this happening. As you can see, I made a mess getting it back into the pan but serving it turned out much easier and the pieces stayed together well.




The overall group opinion was that the crunchy 'tween layers were delicious and the strawberry layer was the most liked. The chocolate crunchy layer was better than the peanut butter because the peanut butter flavor didn't seem to come through. I think it was because there was too much flavor wise going on. 

Everyone agreed that they liked that one piece took a while to consume, but wasn't heavy. I hope you get a chance to experiment with making your own raw ice cream cake soon, and enjoy it as much as I did!




No comments:

Post a Comment