Monday, July 29, 2013

Meatless Monday

Hey Everyone! I hope you are having a fabulous Monday! Being unable to sleep last night- until 4A I ended up getting up at 2p this afternoon!! Crazy! But here is my Meatless Monday post- just in time for dinner!

I have been making so many meals lately from the bounty that my garden has produced this year- I have zucchini coming out my ears! Saturday I picked 7 cucumbers, the biggest zucchini yet- it made zucchini bread and enough spiralized noodles to last three meals! My tomato plants are getting ready to go crazy- I did pick a couple romas and some cherry tomatoes Saturday too. 

Today's recipe is inspired by my garden bounty- so go to your local farmer's market after work and stock up!!




Italian Garden Noodles

Spiralized noodles
several sliced cherry tomatoes
several sliced black olives
half a large cucumber quartered and sliced
feta cheese sprinkled
chopped basil sprinkled
chopped walnuts, sprinkled
top with an Italian vinaigrette

This quick and easy noodle salad is great for you, even though it isn't completely raw.  Tomatoes are great for the heart, walnuts are good for the brain, the olive oil in the vinaigrette helps the body absorb all of the nutrients better- so don't go low fat! Cucumbers contain a lot of water and electrolytes to dehydrate the body and help to relieve joint pain.

I hope you enjoy this cool salad on these hot summer days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment