Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pulp Wonderful Pizza




Since coming off my fast I have been juicing everyday-- I got a "practically new" Jack la Lane juicer for $12 on craigslist!!!-- and I have been saving and using some of the pulp!
So yesterday I made a veggi juice, that unfortunately, wasn't awesome :(
I got it down the hatch but I don't think I will be making it again! However, I did make some awesome raw pizza crust with the pulp!

I juiced 2 carrots, 2-3 tomatoes, 2 celery stalks, 1 lime, 3 small sweet peppers, 2 apples, I tried to do a little parsley but it didn't go through- it's not a masticating juicer-eh, oh well! (You can see the parsley in the rolled out dough!)
Anyhow, I pulled out any larger pieces that didn't get squashed and added: 
about 1/2 C of ground flax seed
salt and pepper
garlic powder
oregano
and got a really nice pizza crust dough that I rolled out on parchment paper with a rolling pin.


I dehydrated it on the lowest setting on my oven with the door open to allow the air to circulate.


I made raw marinara sauce, using Ani Phyo's recipe as a base:
cherry tomatoes, oregano, rosemary, salt, olive oil
I added:
more oregano
garlic
pepper

And then I made Ani's basic nut cheese recipe using sunflower seeds which turned out great.

Then I assembled my awesome pizza! I added red onion, olives, mushrooms, some yellow bell pepper, and a couple basil leaves. 

SO SAVE YOUR PULP!! Find other uses for it! I will be adding more wonderful pulp recipes as I create secondary meals from my pulp! Enjoy the deliciousness!



No comments:

Post a Comment