Monday, June 9, 2014

Day 8 Bikini Body Challenge

Hey Everyone!! It is the end of Day 8 in my journey on the 80-10-10 Bikini Body Challenge by FullyRawKristina and I feel GREAT! I have soo much more energy in eating raw than I have in the past 6 months. 

My only issue thus far was on my really long weekly training ride (it gets longer every week- thus the training) and I was tired and my knees and back were really aching by mile 55 where as last week I did 69 miles no problem- yesterday's distance was 78 miles- which I overshot and did 81. I was able to finish but I was really feeling it. Today my knees still ache a bit but I think that eating raw REALLY helped with the inflammation caused by this ride- which was actually really flat- hardly any hills that were challenging.

My energy today was also impressive- granted I woke up really tired but I got going and (yeah, ok, I admit it- I had caffeine- from green coffee beans), with the raw food, I have had so much energy where as a few weeks ago I would have been so tired I would have come home after work and sat. Instead, this evening I made my dinner, juiced breakfast, made a smoothie for lunch, made raw cookies from leftover juicing pulp, made my hubbie some chocolate chip cookies, washed the dishes, and finished the laundry- oh yeah, and wrote this!! I have energy!! Hazaah!!

So after that run on sentence, here are a few of the meals that I have prepared the past few days! I haven't been strictly following Kristina's meal plan as I have been using what I have on hand by creating something comparable.

Oh-btw, thus far I have lost between 3-5 lbs! It's approximate because I didn't weigh myself at the beginning but I was around 131-132 and now I'm 127!! Yay!!!

Here is my dinner day 5- it's not what Kristina made but boy was it good!


Taco Salad

1-2 heads of your choice of greens- spinach and kale here
3/4 of one cucumber

half of 1 avocado
red onion diced
pepper- to taste
mushrooms- diced (optional)
olives- sliced (optional)

Taco Dressing
1/4 pkt taco seasoning
3 tomatoes-roma
garlic powder- large dash ( I put garlic and pepper on most savory dishes!)
small squirt of sirichi sauce

Place all dressing ingredients in blender and puree. Pour over salad and enjoy the heat!!



Above is my dinner (the salad) for Saturday, and I had the smoothie- which was made from left over juice- I used one of Kristina's recipes but I have discovered that orange juice by itself in large quantities contains too much acid for my stomach to handle. Upon drinking the original juice and starting my bike ride, I had to return and eat a piece of Ezekiel bread to balance out the acid :/So the above juice is the left over orange, pineapple and mango drink, plus 2 bananas and wheat grass powder that I had for breakfast on Sunday morning.

The salad dressing is composed of 2 tbsp cashew butter (I didn't have hemp seeds, 1/3 C water, 1 tbsp lemon juice, and 1 tsp beet powder (I just happened to have on hand as opposed to a raw beet- granted I have pickled raw beet that would have worked but this was faster. And shake-able.

This was dinner tonight. I got tired of the lettuce and went for one of my old favorites- 


Raw Spaghetti! 

1 1/2 spiralized zucchini
toppings of choice- red bell pepper, red onion, artichoke hearts, and black pepper are what I used tonight- I often love to use olives but I skipped them tonight since I used the artichoke hearts (no they weren't raw)

I also was a bit lazy and instead of making raw sauce I used organic pre-made spaghetti sauce.







The above jars contain tomorrow's breakfast and lunch. 


Sunshine Juice

4 oranges
5 apples (medium to smallish)
3 carrots

Juice and pour! Breakfast is served!! Lemon and ginger are excellent additions if you so desire.


Blue Moon Smoothie

Created by Penni of RawFoodRehab, it is one of my all time favorites! I made one and a half times the quantity of the recipe below to fulfill the 80-10-10 proportion requirements- or at least as much of it as I can eat!!

1 C frozen blueberries
1 C banana
1 1/2 C orange juice - I sub 3/4 C almond milk
1 tsp fresh ginger
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Blend and serve! Yummy!!!

I hope this helps encourage you to try going raw, or at least eating healthier by consuming more raw meals!! Have a wonderful day and stay balanced!!

No comments:

Post a Comment