Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Bikini Body Challenge Conclusion

So- ever have a week get away from you? Well it happens all the time to me! With so many things to do I often wish I had more hours in the day so I can achieve all my goals, projects, and fun! I love spending time in my garden which is so green and overflowing with potential friuts- it's amazing! I really hope I can spend a bit more time weeding this week! Thanks to my father-in-law, he has saved me so much time this year by tilling between the rows!!

This week I biked a total of 132 miles with my long ride being 90 miles! I have been so encouraged by my friends and family in achieving each longer distance as it comes around each week and each week I know that I can do it! Next Saturday I will be doing my 100 mile ride!! Whoo-hoo!!! I am so excited!!

Btw, I know I mentioned a couple posts ago that I was going to get a new bike, well, that got put on the back burner for a few more months, so I won't be riding the Hilly Hundred this year, but that's okay, there's always next year!

Anyhow, yesterday was the last day of my journey in the 14 Day Bikini Body Challenge, and while I didn't always follow strictly the diet- especially on my long ride days- I can only carry so much food with me! However, I have slimmed down and I am feeling confident! And I have a lot more energy and I am feeling far less stressed than I was while eating a less raw diet. Previously I was eating between 40-50% raw with far smaller meals and far fewer calories and I think that was my problem. In my efforts to lose weight I was consuming less calories but slowing down my metabolism by doing so instead of eating more raw food which has fewer calories and more nutrients, plus almost every fruit or vegetable out there helps to reduce inflammation- the main source of weight gain and chronic disease!

This morning to help aid in my recovery from yesterday's ride- inflammation wise (I am currently out of our curcumin supplement that Chris and I are on, so my knees have been aching more than usual-owey!) so I made the following anti-inflammatory smoothie to help my knees and the sunburn I got :(

V.I.Note!! If you have organic, all natural sunscreen, or any sunscreen really
I suppose, check the expiration date!!! It does go bad! I used mine yesterday and
while it worked okay, it didn't work as well as it used to- come to find out it
expired June of 2013! Yikes! So much for sunscreen never going bad! Haha!
Granted I probably should have re-applied more than I did- but who wants to stop for that!
Especially when you can still see the titanium dioxide! Common! It must still be working!
Right?-- So check your labels or you will end up with funny tan lines like me.


Go! Man-go!

1/2 Pineapple-chopped
1 mango
1 banana
1/2-1 tsp turmeric
1/8-1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 C coconut milk or water
Ice cubes!!! 7-8

Blend until smooth and enjoy! 


This smoothie is great for anyone who is on the go! The turmeric has an active compound called curcumin which has many health related benefits but one of the best is reducing joint inflammation. I have been taking this as a supplement because I don't eat a lot of Indian food and it has helped immensly. I am always recommending it to friends who are complaining of their joints hurting- it really helps! 


The cinnamon in this recipe helps fight inflammation but overall, it's best for balancing blood sugars and keeping you on an even keel. Pineapple and mango are full of beneficial fiber to keep you full and clear out toxins! The bromelain in pineapple is a huge inflammation fighter! 





So here are a few of the meals that I had this past week.
On day 10 I had sunshine juice for breakfast and half a watermelon for lunch. I was only able to eat a little more than half of the container! Oh it was soo much, but it was soo good!

I read some cool information in my magazine the other day about watermelon juice- which I made for breakfast on Saturday before my ride.
'People who sipped watermelon juice before exercise were less sore the next day. "It's the only food that contains large amounts of L-citrulline, an amino acid that can improve oxygen delivery to the muscles," says Leslie Bonci, R.D., the director of sports medicine at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center...'
Fitness magazine June 2014










Dinner that night was spirilized zucchini! Yum yum!!

1 spirilized zucchini
1 carrot shreds
broccoli
1 red bell pepper
black sesame seeds

dressing 
1/8 C tahini
1-2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp white miso




1-2 heads lettuce

1 yellow bell pepper


1 cucmber
2-3 mushrooms
dill and pepper seasoning

handful of blueberries

Dressing- it looks better than how it turned out, so I'll spare you the details.



Sesame Noodles

1 spirilized zucchini
broccoli
carrot peels
2-3 mushrooms diced- set aside
2 chopped tomatoes
pepper and garlic powder
1/4 chopped yellow bell pepper

While chopping veggies, place diced mushrooms in small dish and marinate in the following dressing.

1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp raw soy sauce
2 tbsp orange juice

When mushrooms are soft (er), place them on top and pour remaining dressing on noodles. Mix and eat!!

Thanks for reading this rather lengthy post- I hope you enjoy the recipes as much as I did!
Have a great rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment