Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Dash and Dine- Food to Fuel Your Workout

It has been a couple crazy weeks! Again! Isn't that just how life goes! I have been out of work since June and the past couple weeks I have been seriously hitting the pavement- on the job hunt as well as in my workouts!

I found a local group that goes running three times a week and I have joined in to meet some new people as well as add to my long distance bicycle training by running as my cross training exercise. I greatly improved my time from last week this evening-yay! Last week I booked 3 miles in 40 min- 13.3 min mile and this week I did it in 30 min! Hopefully I can keep it up and not be at the back of the pack trying to keep everyone else in my sight! (They're fast!!  :)

Anyhow I have a couple recipes that I have been meaning to share all ready and waiting so here they are! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did and if you are struggling to stay inspired in your workout, try changing things up a bit! Do some different classes or exercises- magazines are great for this! Self, and Health magazine both have excellent exercise inserts that I love to photocopy and take with me to the gym- if not the magazine itself!! I also LOVE pintrest- there are some awesomely inspirational pics! I have yet to figure out how to get my pintrest button for the blog to work... (grr) but it does exist!! So check it out! Please? One of my favorite sayings on there is "Sweat is liquid Awesome!"



Peach Chia Porridge 

3 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 C almond milk
1 tbsp agave
1 pkt stevia (opt)
1/2 tsp non alcoholic vanilla (opt)
1 peach
1/4 C raw almonds
dash of cinnamon

Cut peach into bite size pieces and place in bowl. Top with almonds. In separate bowl place chia, almond milk, agave, stevia, and vanilla. Mix well and allow to sit for 15 minutes stirring occasionally. When chia pudding becomes pudding texture- one may need to add more milk depending on the consistency one prefers- pour half over peaches and almonds and stir to coat, then pour remaining pudding on top. Enjoy!! This breakfast is super filling and full of fiber and protein to get the day started on a good footing! If you don't have a peach feel free to use another fruit in it's place such as a pear or berries!




Peachy Orange Shake

1 banana
1 1/2 C frozen peaches
1 scoop protein powder
4 pkts stevia
2 drops sweet orange essential oil
1/2 tbsp white miso
2 tsp maca powder
1/4-1/2 C almond milk
4-6 ice cubes (as desired)

Place all ingredients in blender in order listed (so the powders don't get stuck at the bottom) and blend until smooth and serve!











Raw Taco Tomato Soup

1 cups diced tomato
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 tsp reduced sodium taco seasoning
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp white miso
1/2 C almond milk
1/2 C water



Dice tomatoes and place all ingredients in blender- tomatoes on bottom! And blend until smooth. This healthy soup will kick that taco craving without too much fuss or messing up your diet!








Lemon Rawnana Ice Cream 2.0

I have made raw lemon ice cream from bananas in the past but this time I used the salted caramel ice cream recipe and added lemon juice and topped it with unsweetened shredded coconut! OMgoodness!! What a great healthy treat!!!



1 1/2 frozen bananas sliced
2 tsp maca powder
2 pkts stevia
1 tbsp white miso 
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut

Place sliced bananas in food processor and add each ingredient except the coconut. Mix until smooth, pushing down as needed. Scoop smooth ice cream into bowl and top with shredded coconut! Umm Umm, Delish!!! Lemon is so yummy!!!

I hope everyone has a great rest of the week/weekend!! If you have other ways for getting inspiration please share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment