Monday, November 4, 2013

Falling for Mondays: Fall favorites to start the week

Good news! I have completed two weeks at my new jobs! Hurray!! Money for groceries and gas! Thankfully though, I have tons of apples that are still hanging on in the orchard- we have several late season trees and we had such a bountiful year! I have been eating apple slices dipped in cinnamon sugar basically every day.  I am trying to store as many as I can in the fridge but there isn't a lot of room. We unfortunately don't have a cellar where we can store extra fruit... this should happen though....hmmm.

Anyhow I hope everyone has had a wonderful couple of weeks. The leaves have turned and it is so pretty! I personally love fall with it's crisp air and warmish sunshine.  When I was at the gym last Wednesday I saw this super cute little guy (no more than 2 ft tall) dressed up as Sully from Monsters Inc.! He was ADORABLE!!!!! I am not into Halloween for religious reasons (Meanings Behind Halloween Traditions)- plus I figure I can dress up and eat candy whenever I want-- adult perk!

*whisper*( I tried one of those snickers peanut butter squares-- SO yummy! About a hundred times better than a reese cup!) 
disclaimer:  DON'T EAT CANDY!-- IT'S HORRIBLE FOR YOU!
(like any of us never have a piece of candy-- let's be honest here! We all have a favorite. But we SHOULD strive to lead a balanced life and that means not eating all the candy in one sitting. I personally find that if I have one sweet a day or every other day- like a cookie, or a square of dark chocolate, one baby cupcake, or a fun size piece of candy, that I am satisfied. I got my sweet, I'm not denying myself what I crave, and I am maintaining my diet and fitness level by not over indulging.

That said here are a couple shake recipes that can easily translate into ice cream, ice cream cake, or popsicles!

Salted Caramel PB Shake

3 frozen banana halves, sliced1 pear
1/2 scoop protein powder
5 pkts stevia
2 tsp lucuma powder
1 tbsp white miso
3 tbsp PB2
1/4 C almond milk
8-10 ice cubes

Place ingredients in order first to last and blend until smooth. Serve and enjoy!







Pumpkin Pie Shake

1 banana
1 pear
3/4 C pureed pumkin
4 pkts stevia
2 tsp lucuma powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 C almond milk
6-7 ice cubes

Place ingredients in blender in the order listed and blend until smooth. Pour and enjoy!

To make either of these recipes into a pie, first make a crust for the batter. Omit the ice cubes and almond milk except for a dash as needed for blending- switching to a food processor may be easier for this. Pour batter into crust and freeze til firm in the middle or til eat'n time! *Note: the longer it is left in the freezer the longer you'll have to wait until it is cutable/servable. The first piece is always the hardest.

No comments:

Post a Comment