Thursday, September 26, 2013

Salted Caramel Delights

I have read about lucuma powder for many raw recipes, especially deserts and I finally got my hands on a bag of it by Navitas Naturals and it is great! It is a sweet powder made from Peruvian lucuma fruit. It runs about $12 a bag but Vitacost has it for $10. I don't know about you but I love trying new ingredients to see how they will effect the recipes I already use on a regular basis, sometimes you get a fabulous result as I did with the recipes below!

 "This low-glycemic sweetener contains many nutrients including
beta-carotene, 
iron, zinc, vitamin B3, calcium and protein. Yellow lucuma powder has a unique, maple-like taste that’s a delight in a variety of recipes."




Salted Caramel Ice Cream

1 1/2 frozen bananas
2 tsp lucuma powder
2 tsp white miso
1 pkt stevia
dash of almond milk

Place ingredients into food processor or vitamix, in order listed and process until smooth and creamy. Suggested pairings, are chocolate, peaches, strawberries, and almonds. I unfortunately had raspberries with mine and the raspberries overwhelmed the sweet saltiness of the ice cream.





Chocolate Salted Caramel Shake


1 banana
1 scoop protein powder
2 tsp lucuma powder
2 tsp white miso
1.5 tbsp cocoa powder
3 pkts stevia
1/2 C unsweetened almond milk
6 ice cubes

I normally like my shakes to be really thick, akin to Wendy's frosties, but healthy. This recipe came out a little thin so if you desire a thicker shake, add a frozen banana and an additional ice cube or two as needed.


I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as I did and I hope that you too will invest in something a bit different to expand your tasting pleasure! Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment