Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy Shamrock Day!

For all of you out there who like to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, I have created a few tasty recipes for you to try, play with, and make your own. I also recommend making the white chocolate covered apples with sprinkles of your desired color- this recipe can be found in the post Yummy Holiday Treats.

Ok, so I have a confession to make. I have been fasting, otherwise I would have had this posted earlier. I wanted to post it Saturday, But, I didn't have any pictures :(   And I really don't like posting untested recipes- it's not fair to you- my lovely readers! So, I waited. So I apologize that this post is coming out only a day before St. Patty's- please forgive me.



Raw Kale Pesto Burgers


Makes 2-3

1/2 C walnuts, soaked for 1 hour

1/4 C sun dried tomatoes, soaked for 1 hour
1/2 tsp minced garlic, to taste
2-3 TBSP diced red onion, to taste
1 C shredded kale
1/2 C shredded basil

In a food processor, place all ingredients and pulse, scrapping down the sides as needed to combine ingredients. Add a little water, as needed from soaked tomatoes, to aide in stickiness. When consistency is good, and it tastes good to you, you can shape the burgers and either plate them, or dehydrate them to warm them or dry them out as needed, if desired. If the dough doesn't want to stick together, add 1 tbsp coconut oil and pulse till it is thoroughly mixed in.




Sesame Kale Wakame Slaw

2 C shredded kale
1 C soaked wakame
1/2 C shredded carrot
1/2 C sesame seeds- white or black- I suggest white for contrast
1 diced green onion
1/8th C tahini
2 tbsp honey/agave
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp nama shoya
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar- or plum vinegar
1-2 tsp minced ginger

For this recipe you will need to breifly soak the wakame in a bowl of warm water- about 5 min and then wring it out. It will expand upon soaking. After soaking, place wakame and kale in dry bowl with carrot, green onion, and sesame seeds. In a separate cup mix tahini, lemon juice, nama shoya, vinegar, honey/agave, and minced ginger. Taste and adjust till it seems good to you and pour over slaw. Enjoy!



Raw Green Kiwi Ice Cream!

I make raw banana based ice cream in a small 1.5 C food processor, so you may need to adjust the proportions to fit your processor.

1 frozen banana, sliced
1.5 frozen, or fresh peeled and sliced kiwi
1/2 tsp green tea powder
3 packets of stevia
1 tbsp water, more if needed
shelled pistachios (optional garnish)

Place all ingredients in in food processor and pulse until creamy. You may need to scrape down the sides of the processor and mush the ingredients into the blades to make it completely smooth-- unless you want it chunky!! Try it and let me know how you like it!


Happy St. Patty's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment