Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Last Day of Fasting- Hurrah!!!

So today is day 10 of my fast and it has been an interesting ride. Every fast, for every person is different. I have had fasts that were very easy, sometimes the hardest day will be day three, other times day 5, but surprisingly, this time almost every day was difficult. Granted some days were harder than others, and some days I was weaker than others, and this is to be expected.c

I am so excited to eat again tomorrow!! I have decided to try my hand at following the 80/10/10 Diet by Dr. Douglas Graham-- I was shocked to discover that my rinky dinky library actually has it! I have yet to read it but I have become addicted to watching Fully Raw Kristina's youtube videos. I have signed up for Cronometer and I'll see how it goes!

The fridge is a bit bare but I will share some of my attempts on this style of eating! 


So here it is, no more waiting!

Almost Raw Pumpkin Soup/ or Pie Filling!

When it is refrigerated it is very thick!!

1 1/2 C Pumpkin (canned, plain)
1/2 C Apple Butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 C pecans
1 C apple juice
Dates or stevia to taste
1-2 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil

I made a couple batches of this soup before I had any apple juice and when I added it OH My!! It was SOO good!!! If there is not enough liquid when blending please either add some more apple juice, water, or a little almond milk.

If you desire to make this recipe but want it 80/10/10 (as I made this a couple weeks ago before my recent decision) remove the nuts, try to find a sugar pie pumpkin- see pic- to cut up and use, cut out the oil and apple butter- add more cinnamon or apple pie spice, and add more dates.

I'm sorry that there is no picture of the soup!! I made it a couple weeks ago and I wanted to make it again so I would have a picture for you, but I have held out soo long in doing this that it is not fair to you- my wonderful readers! So here's the recipe I came up with, sans picture :(

For those of you that try it, let me know which way you made it and how you liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment