Tuesday, August 20, 2013

An Indiana August

Hey Everyone! I hope you are having a great Tuesday!! August as we all know- well all of us in the midwest USA- know that it is usually blazing hot! This month has turned out to be surprisingly mild and sunny!! We have only had a couple days reach in the upper 80's! The great thing is that since it isn't topping out at 100 like last year my garden is flourishing!!! I have so many extra veggies that I am selling some of them and I am going to get some ball canning jars soon and make pasta sauce and salsa! Yummy!!





My husband and I went to the Indiana State Fair for the first time last Tuesday. I was really looking forward to seeing the Giant Popcorn Ball that weighed in at 2500 lbs! While large, it wasn't quite as large as I had imagined a 2500 lb popcorn ball would be- but it was still pretty big!





I also want to recommend- for those of you participating in or just reading on your own- a great book that I just finished reading for book club this month. It is called So Cold the River by Michael Koryta. It is REALLY good! It holds one's attention and has a slight creepy aspect to it! Perfect for the early fall late summer season!



I created a desert/meal that is filling, light, sweet and delicious!


Blueberry Lemonade Banana Ice Cream



Ice Cream
1 1/2 frozen bananas sliced (please freeze with out peel!)
2 pkts stevia1-2 tbsp agave1 heaping tsp protein powder (optional)handful of frozen blueberries (about 1/4 C)3-4 drops lemon extract or 1 tbsp lemon juicecoconut milk to blend

Chocolate sauce2 heaping teaspoonfuls cocoa powder
1 pkt stevia or squirt of agave
2-3 tbsp coconut oil melted
Mix together. Taa Da!


Place all of the above ingredients (for ice cream) in food processor in order listed and process until smooth.  In separate bowl place a handful of frozen blueberries and drizzle with coconut chocolate sauce. Scoop out ice cream on top of blueberries and drizzle with chocolate sauce and sprinkle with raw flaked coconut (optional). You can also top with raw nuts if you so desire- such as sliced almonds...mmmm sounds good!  Should have topped mine with sliced almonds!!

No comments:

Post a Comment